Sports Administration and Public Outreach Internship Placement Canada
Our museum celebrates extraordinary achievement in local sport history and inspires future generations to make their dreams come true. Each year, a diverse audience of over 35,000 visitors from all over the world are educated and enthralled by the collection of 27,000 artifacts representing 150-years of sporting accomplishments in our region. We take pride in the responsibility we have to tell engaging stories of the individuals, teams and organizations who have made sport achievement such an important part of the fabric of life, culture and history of our community.
Your placement can be focused to meet your professional, academic and personal expectations; however, you must be able to work independently and as part of our diverse team. You also need to be adaptable as your tasks will vary. To succeed with us you must have excellent people skills, be extremely organized, have the ability to take initiative and work independently, all while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Location: Vancouver Downtown, British Columbia, Canada
Preferred duration: 8+ weeks
Eligibility requirements: Previous work experience desired
- Dealing face to face with the public and community members
- Speaking on the phone with the general public and stakeholders
- Assisting in developing marketing and outreach strategies
- Help to coordinate marketing, social media and events
- Updating documents, databases, website and social media.
- Possibly social media and marketing including event planning
- Other related roles and projects as they arise
Other key information:
- Part time or full-time position available (29+ hours per week)
- Available between the hours of 9:00am – 6:00pm weekdays and one weekend day (this is the busiest time)
- Special events and activities may take place in evenings or on weekends
- Must be flexible concerning hours and tasks
- High level of English; able to speak to strangers by phone
Get Started Today
Submit your online application
Receive your placement offer
Have the time of your life!