Ibis Budget Auckland Central, located just off Queen Street in the heart of Auckland's CBD, is a busy hotel servicing a mixture of corporate and leisure short stay guests and long stay residents. With 144 comfortable rooms, featuring balconies and kitchenette facilities we are currently recruiting a highly motivated and energetic Housekeeping Supervisor to join our Team!
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role is busy and no day the same. As Housekeeping Supervisor your role is to assist and support our Executive Housekeeper in a wide variety of tasks. You will assist in the day to day running of the Housekeeping Department including ensuring our housekeeping standards are met and maintained on a daily basis, whilst liaising with different departments of the hotel.
Further responsibilities include:
- Allocation of guest rooms
- Training new hires as and when required
- Facilitation and leading of daily staff briefings
- Checking of guest rooms
- Hands on approach to assisting Room Attendants and Public Areas Attendant
Follow and comply with Accor Hotels Workplace Health, Safety and Environment policies. Follow Polices and procedures. Lead by example.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a self-checker/ team leader or housekeeping supervisor
- Excellent communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Physically fit and able to lift at least 20kg
- Ability to work on a rotating roster over 7 days if required, including weekends, public holidays and night shifts
- Passion for delivering great customer service at all times
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong leader with a desire to learn and develop
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must possess necessary skills to actively resolve complaints and challenges presented by customers
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
JOB BENEFITS AND PERKS
The role comes with some fantastic Accor benefits
- Dry Cleaning of uniform
- Great accommodation and dining discounts
- Staff Meals
Does this sound like the job for you? Don't delay and apply now!